Need advise Russian Student.

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need advise Russian Student.

by korea1980 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:02 am
Hi everyone,

My name is Denis, I am from Russia (Moscow) so i am not a native english speaker.
Next VERY BAD is my age, I am 34 this year, well 1-1,5, year for preparastion set of documentation (GMAT, IELST or TOEFL, and etc), Will I be interesting for B-Schools?
I have taken the CAT and scored 610 , that was last year after studying for 6 months, solving the entire OG, All MGMAT books, and of course CAT exams of MBA.COM.

I figured out that self study didnt pay much and i read a post about someone who scored really well and he took the empower gmat course, so i decided to sign up.
I've been studing magoosh, e-prep. Weel, Now I am thinking to take Veritas or MGmat on demand....
Does anyone have feedback on the course, do you think it is enough to prepare for the GMAT? does it really pay off and pake a serious jump in scores?
My Target 720+, B-Schools MIT,Chicago, Wharton, Kellog.

Highly appreciating everyone's support and feedback:)

P.S. please give your advise which B-Schools more friendly for older students as well.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:06 am
Hi Denis,

I'd like to know a bit more about your studies:

1) You mentioned that you took a CAT last year and scored 610. What were the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores? Was that the only time you took a practice CAT?
2) Have you taken any more since then? If not, then you should take another and report back with your scores.

Most GMAT companies offer FREE resources (practice questions, Trial accounts, etc.), so that you can try out the Courses/Products before you buy. You should take advantage of all of them, then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

Since earning an MBA is such a big investment of time, money and energy, you should really think about WHY you want an MBA and what you want to do with it. Once you've defined what you want to do in the future, then you can find the proper degree that matches your plans.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]