Study Plan

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Study Plan

by bansi98 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:31 am
Is this study plan designed equally for people who are weak in either Quant or Verbal? I got (Q44, V18) last time in GMAT. I want to know how can this 60-day plan help me improve my Verbal score and help me score beyond 700!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:54 am
Hi bansi98,

The Study Plan has TONS of learning activities for both Verbal and Quantitative. If your weakness is in Verbal, you can complete more of the Verbal activities. The Study Plan covers all of the topics/concepts/strategies required to achieve a perfect 800 score, so yes a 700+ is possible. It will, of course, require a lot of work.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by nikhilshar » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:18 pm
Hi,

I have recently started following 60 days study plan, but facing some challenges w.r.t hours to be put every day. If one need to cover all stated problems from study guide, it will take at least 5 hours daily, so does study plan also suggest time for review/revision?

Also does it implicitly direct us to complete quant before going to verbal section? Isn't it a good idea to have some variation of quant/verbal.

Appreciate your inputs...

Regards,
Nikhil

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:06 pm
Hi Nikhil,

The time it takes to complete each day's activities will vary from person to person. It also varies depending on which resource you use (GMAT Prep Now videos or MGMAT books). Also, some days take longer to complete.

If you're having difficulties keeping up, don't worry. You can take longer than a day to complete the activities if you run out of time. Plus, later on in the Guide, much of your time is spent working on weaknesses (i.e., not learning new content).

Regarding the idea of completing quant before starting verbal: given that the quantitative concepts are so sequential in nature (i.e., each concept builds on the previous concept), I chose to order the Guide so that students could build on the concepts from the previous day, rather than have one or more days between quant concepts. Some prefer it that way; others don't.

Here's an outline of all 60 emails: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-guide-outline

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brent

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Day 5 and on!

by gauz » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:30 am
I have started following this schedule and am completely relying on it. What is the average time it would require per day to cover the tasks? It took me around 7-8 hours for day 4 and 5. I am just curious because as of now I am on leave so its manageable but once my office starts next week, I may face some challenges.Are there any particular days which would be more lengthy - a heads up would help!

Secondly, would you suggest me to cover some other material? as of now I am covering the MGMAT schedule listed in daily mails.

Please provide some further insights as to when would be a good time to revise the previous days work or is it been taken care of in future mails by providing repetitions?

really looking forward to this schedule, high hopes for 750+

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:34 pm
gauz wrote:I have started following this schedule and am completely relying on it. What is the average time it would require per day to cover the tasks? It took me around 7-8 hours for day 4 and 5. I am just curious because as of now I am on leave so its manageable but once my office starts next week, I may face some challenges.Are there any particular days which would be more lengthy - a heads up would help!

Secondly, would you suggest me to cover some other material? as of now I am covering the MGMAT schedule listed in daily mails.

Please provide some further insights as to when would be a good time to revise the previous days work or is it been taken care of in future mails by providing repetitions?

really looking forward to this schedule, high hopes for 750+
The time it takes to complete each day's activities will vary from person to person. It also varies depending on which resource you use (GMAT Prep Now videos or MGMAT books). And it depends on your target score. For example, a 750+ target score may require extra practice to gain that level of mastery.

Also, some days take longer to complete.

If you're having difficulties keeping up, don't worry. You can take longer than a day to complete the activities if you run out of time. Plus, later on in the Guide, much of your time is spent working on weaknesses (i.e., not learning new content).

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brent

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by gauz » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:07 am
Thanks Brent, that helps.

On a broader note what all does the 60 day schedule cover? all the questions in OG + all the questions in the 2 supplement OG guides + all the material from Manhattan books? or only some part of it.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:29 am
gauz wrote:Thanks Brent, that helps.

On a broader note what all does the 60 day schedule cover? all the questions in OG + all the questions in the 2 supplement OG guides + all the material from Manhattan books? or only some part of it.
As far as learning materials goes, it covers EITHER all of the GMAT Prep Now videos or all of the MGMAT books.

Practice-wise, it covers all the questions in the Official Guide + all the questions in the 2 supplemental OG guides.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brent