Profile review, Please

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile review, Please

by nishantghaiy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:58 am
Hello All,

I recently saw and read several profile reviews on this site and felt it's a great thing to get feedback on and wanted to get involved. I am applying to MBA grad schools this fall, with the objective of starting next year, likely during fall time. Here's my profile:

My background is in International Business and Marketing, I studied at SDSU (class of 2011) and also studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain. While in school, I did various internships, one of which included me working for a Marketing Agency in Casablanca, Morocco. The entire period, I conducted business and communicated only in French, which I speak fluently and learned since the age of about 5. I am also fluent in Spanish, which was a emphasis with my International Business program and took various University courses. I can read, write and communicate with business context in Spanish and French. So, I am fully fluent in English, Spanish and French and hence my International Business focus. I am hoping to highlight that as my strengths as my objective is to be involved in emerging markets such as Latin America and Asia. I am interested in also working with European firms, and am considering studying in Germany, to learn a new language and be close to industries and technology like mobile, telecommunications and clean energy.

I now live in San Francisco, CA and am a California native. For the last few years since graduating college, I have been involved and working with high growth tech start ups in the Silicon Valley, mainly in Mobile Advertising. I work with mobile developers and am now working in sales to expand into the Latin American markets as well as locally. I am also interested in Berkeley and Stanford because of the local exposure.

My question is, are there some schools you would recommend for me given my background? How about Stanford and Berkeley? And Europe? Lastly, I am not the strongest test taker but have been studying for my GMAT the last couple months. What score would you recommend for me (of course higher is better) but can my background strengthen the overall picture? My undergrad GPA is 3.0, and have been under the impression I would really need to prove myself on my GMATs.

Look forward to your feedback!!

Thank you,

Nishant