Just owned the GMAT/got owned, depends on the point of view

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members
After a month and a few days today was my test day. Got 680 - 44 q 39 v. I started with scores ~600 and today I got 680. Was somewhat disapointing but is still enough for my Masters.

My strategy : Found all the free materials on the Internet I could find - 10 books and 40 tests. After doing the first test I read the Quantative part of the book ( 100 pages ) then did the math part of all the tests. Did the same thing for the Verbal section. In the end , I checked the things I got wrong

Thank you all of you pros , or as I like to call you - machine dudes :D Without you, don`t think that my score would be possible.

p.s. Special thanks to Mitch Hunt. My coordinate geometry was my weakest link in the q section. Because of the problems he solved for me and help me understand, I think from the 3 coordinate geometry questions I got today, all 3 were correct. Don`t tihnk we`ll ever know though :D
Last edited by sapuna on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:08 pm
Great work, George!

All the best,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:34 pm
Congrats :D

What schools will you be applying to?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by sapuna » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:31 am
Masters in Finance and Investments in Rotterdam School of Management and Financial Management in Vlerick Business school. Got admitted in both, chose the first university as the tuitition fee is just 2000 Euro since I am European. Plan is to work for a couple of years after I graduate, get CFA and then aim for MBA in top 10 business universities worldwide.

Any remarks on that :D

p.s. I forgot to mention - got 6 on the essay part and 5 on the IR part.