B-School with GRE

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

B-School with GRE

by gmat072014 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:19 pm
Has anyone gotten into an MBA program with a GRE score?
I am looking at Georgetown,UMD,George Washington and NYU Stern , all of which accept GRE score but they don't have any statistics related to the same.
Anyone out there who has submitted the GRE to any of the above schools, Please reply.Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by projectman » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:00 pm
gmat072014 wrote:Has anyone gotten into an MBA program with a GRE score?I am looking at Georgetown,UMD,George Washington and NYU Stern , all of which accept GRE score but they don't have any statistics related to the same.Anyone out there who has submitted the GRE to any of the above schools, Please reply.Your help is greatly appreciated.Thanks

Hi

I am also planning to apply an MBA with GRE scores.I bombed my GRE & scored a 300 (V146 Q154).I am a mechanical engineer & have 4+ yrs of experience in India's leading steel manufacturing company. I have project as well as operation experience. Active Rotarian. Represented company in the national squash championship. Undertaken process know how in Japan.

Request you to kindly suggest schools suitable for my score & profile.

I am thoroughly confused with the university selections. Is my profile competent for top 50 US business schools. I intend for a marketing concentration.

Eagerly awaiting a response.

Sincerely

by projectman » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:21 am
Hi

I am also planning to apply an MBA with GRE scores.I bombed my GRE & scored a 300 (V146 Q154).I am a mechanical engineer & have 4+ yrs of experience in India's leading steel manufacturing company. I have project as well as operation experience. Active Rotarian. Represented company in the national squash championship. Undertaken process know how in Japan.

Request you to kindly suggest schools suitable for my score & profile.

I am thoroughly confused with the university selections. Is my profile competent for top 50 US business schools. I intend for a marketing concentration.

Eagerly awaiting a response.

Sincerely

by PathToMBA » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:56 am
Hi,

It is a fact that B-Schools consider your application if you have a valid GRE score, however there is no stats to prove the percentage of intake happening with GRE score. If you can get a GRE score equivalent of 680+ GMAT score, your chances will be high. Since there are tools to compare and convert the GRE to GMAT score, the average score has to be matched. If you are able to get a GRE score equivalent of 680+ GMAT score you would be eligible for all the top schools which accepts GRE.

If you need to know more about the schools, you may check this: https://goo.gl/vVHbDn

All the best!!