Round 1 versus Round 2 of MBA Admissions by AdmitPitch.com

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies

GMAT/MBA Expert

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members
Both Rounds 1 and 2 of MBA admissions have their unique advantages, but those of Round 1 far outweigh the benefits of Round 2. Let us consider these.

Advantages of Round 1:
"¢ No seats have been assigned so far. This increases your probability of getting through.
"¢ Competition is comparatively less than Round 2, as fewer candidates appear for Round 1. Most of the candidates elect to prepare more and apply in Round 2.
"¢ The Adcom is open-minded at this stage. It has not yet set its bar for judging. The Round 1 candidates get the advantage of setting the standard.
"¢ Most of the B-Schools declare the Round 1 results by mid-December. This allows enough time for decision-making. It is an added advantage for the international students to prepare for Visa and a planned shifting.
"¢ Round 1 candidates are more likely to bag the very limited scholarship.

Advantages of Round 2:
"¢ The main advantage of applying in Round 2 is the high quality of preparation and application. Adcom judges your quality as a professional and a person. Therefore, there is no point compromising on it, if you are not fully ready for Round 1.

The best possible approach is to prepare in time for Round 1, and keep some options open for Round 2. Seek an expert's guidance to adopt the right route through both the rounds, as applicable. AdmitPitch.com is a leading MBA Admission Consulting firm that guides the students through all the stages of the MBA application process. For a free assessment of your profile, do reach to us at: [email protected]
Admit Pitch,
MBA Admission Consultants
https://www.admitpitch.com/
US | UK | China | India
Schedule a 60 minute free assessment, send your resume at [email protected]
We do offer flexi-payment options

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by zara922 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:01 am
Hi,

What do you think can I get to a good MBA program on the 2nd round if my GPA is really low (2.7 from 4). I am also 22 years old so I don't have much work experience and leadership experience. I also don't have yet GMAT score. If I score high (700 or more) will it be possible to be admitted to Warton Business School, London Business School or Oxford MBA?

Thank you in advance,
Zara