500 on GMAT vs 300 on GRE

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

500 on GMAT vs 300 on GRE

by mkil5 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 am
Hey I got a quick question.

I am currently looking to go back and get my MBA. I graduated from undergrad in 2009 in Accounting and Finance. the school I am wanting to go to is looking for a 500 on the GMAT or 300 on GRE (146 on Verbal and 144 on Quantitative).

For one I was wondering, just how hard would this score be able to achieve. I did not struggle much at all during undergrad, but it obviously been a while since I have been in college. Is a 500 GMAT an easy score or how much studying would be required.

Also would the 500 GMAT or 300 GRE be easier? Having finance and accounting degrees, I am better at math than reading/writing.

I know I may have worded the questions in general and somewhat vague terms, but I am just looking for real world people that have taken this test and what to expect once I start.

Thanks for the help.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:13 pm
Hi mkil5,

There are actually FREE practice exams for both Tests available online (for download).

GMAT: www.mba.com
GRE: www.gre.org

Each of the downloads includes 2 free practice exams and a series of practice problems. When taking any of the Tests, it's important to take the ENTIRE Test in one sitting under as-realistic conditions as possible (so don't skip sections, pause the test, listen to music while taking it, etc.). With these score results, you'll have a way to evaluate your situation and make a study plan (as needed).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]