Low IR--will it affect my chances for top B-Schools

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi All,
I took my GMAT today and scored an overall of 730 (Q49 and V41). but unfortunately my IR was 3 (25th percentile).
This was my GMAT retake and on my first attempt I had 690 (Q48 V38 and IR7).
Will this low IR score in my retake affect my chances for top B-schools like Fuqua and Darden.
I currently have 3 yrs of Work-Ex and 9.2/10 CGPA in my undergraduate.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by AdmitPitch » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:30 am
Congrats Rahul on scoring 730. 3 is low on IR, but is not a show stopper for your application process. When an admissions committee looks at your intellectual capability, it weighs your GPA and GMAT more. They take a holistic view of your profile and the type of courses you have taken in under graduation and how you scored over the course of 4 years, rather than make judgement just based on IR score as a stand alone point.

To get an unbiased and holistic assessment of your profile, do reach out to us at [email protected] or sign up at admitpitch.com/free-consultation/
Admit Pitch,
MBA Admission Consultants
https://www.admitpitch.com/
US | UK | China | India
Schedule a 60 minute free assessment, send your resume at [email protected]
We do offer flexi-payment options

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:19 am
Hey there,

Congratulations on an awesome GMAT score! Short answer, no, you're ok. Longer answer is that you'll want to share your previous score as well (most applications have spaces for your to include all your GMAT attempts) and that'll show your higher IR score. One of two things will happen. They'll give you the benefit of the doubt and only think about the 7 or, more likely, they'll triangulate between and think you're closer to a 5 or 6. Either way, you'll be ok!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!