OG13 Practice Questions - Overall Performance

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members
Hi, I am following the 60-day study guide using the MGMAT material. It took me almost 5 days to complete the Sentence Correction section and this figure shows my performance. As a non-native english speaker I cannot follow my instinct so it has been difficult for me. I achieved ~71% effectiveness.

The graph shows how my performance (accumulated) goes down as the difficulty of the questions increases (or at least that is what the OG13 states). I am a little worried about my score on the real test which is scheduled by mid October. Do you have similar experiences? What other material should I use? I am little worried since many people say that this type of questions is the easiest.

Thanks in advance,
Fernando

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:08 pm
Hi Fernando,

When you say that you're using the MGMAT material, does that mean you're using the books or the books and a Course? Many Test Takers hit a "ceiling" when they study with just books, so you might need to invest in some additional study materials.

How have you scored on your practice CATs?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:21 members

by David@GMATPrepNow » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:39 am
¡Hola Fernando!

Don't worry. It's common to see some performance drop at this time in your studies. I have two suggestions. First, move on to another aspect of your GMAT preparation and come back to sentence correction later. Give yourself some headspace to build your confidence back.

Second, think about how you best learn, and make sure that your preparation work matches your preferred learning style. What I mean is, some people are very good at absorbing information by self-directed reading. Some people are better at learning through listening, and some are better at learning through watching.

Our GMAT preparation course is video-based. The sentence correction section has about a half-dozen FREE lessons and practice questions that you can watch to see if they are helpful to you, with no pressure to buy from us or anybody else: https://gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat-sentence-correction

¡Que le vaya bien!