400 on the gmatprep 1.. pls help...

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

400 on the gmatprep 1.. pls help...

by ankita biswas » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:58 am
Hey,i just gave my 1st gmat prep after a month of preparation. .. i got 26 in quant and 19 in verbal... my gmat exam is scheduled for 24th September so i just have a month's time. .. Kindly help and provide me with a strategy. . Which books should i follow from now ?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:05 am
Hi ankita biswas,

What is your goal score?
What materials have you been using during your studies?

With your current Test Date, you have about 5 weeks of time left. The "short" answer to your situation is that you will likely need to push back your Test Date, invest in some new study materials and study for longer than you had planned. This is all dependent on your score goals and the schools that you're planning to apply to (and when).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by ankita biswas » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:19 am
Thank you for your help. .. i require a gmat score of 650+... i do not wish to extend my test date aand i need to submit my scores in October. . I have been using og13 and jamboree test materials. ..

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by [email protected] » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:21 am
HI ankita biswas,

Improving 250+ points in 5 weeks is a difficult goal to accomplish. You mentioned that you needed to submit your scores in October, but your Test Date is in September. How much time is there between your Official Test Date and when you have to submit your scores? I ask because you might be able to push your Test Date back a little bit - and any extra time that you can put towards your studies would help.

It sounds like your plan is to submit for a Round 1 deadline, but could you submit for a later Round instead? I understand that you have a plan that you don't want to change, but you have to remember the REAL goals. If you don't earn a competitive GMAT score, then the application deadlines won't matter. Getting accepted to your first choice Business School is the primary goal and that goal is heavily dependent on your GMAT score.

How much time can you put towards yours studies each week?
Have you considered using any other GMAT resources?

Rich

by ankita biswas » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:36 pm
Hey. .. thank you for your reply. .. from now on i will devote around 6-7 hours per day for my preparation. .. i am planning to buy MGMAT SC and powerscore bible for cr...

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by [email protected] » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:59 pm
Hi ankita biswas,

With those new books, we can see how quickly you progress and improve. You should take advantage of the expertise on this site and post any GMAT questions that you're having trouble with. I still think that you're going to have to push back your Test Date, but it might be that you improve enough to be comfortable with the overall exam and stick to your current plan.

Rich