This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:740

Hult international business school - opinion

by shajji » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:06 pm
Dear sir, ma'am,

Thank you for answering our questions.

I am an applicant from India. My GMAT is 740 and ug gpa is 79%.
I will have three years of work ex at the time of matriculation i.e by sep'12.

I recently got an interview call from Hult and they seem to be pushing me to apply to Hult.

Could you please let me know how well is Hult known globally? Which campus is the best if i choose consulting as my post MBA career?

What Consulting companies recruit at Hult?

An finally, how well do students get placed post mba? Which campus historically has had the best placement record? finally, what

I have to make a decision soon as 11th is the deadline. I would reLly appreciate if The above questions are answered promptly.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:39 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your post. These are all really great questions - one that Hult should answer for you. I would suggest looking at their website for career placement statistics and even calling their career office to discuss campus options for your career. If they are encouraging you to apply, then they will likely be willing to help you figure out the best fit.

Regards,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by rohit_gmat » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:23 am
DUDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT is what HULT does with EVERYBODY !!!!!!!!!

DONT go there !!!!! its just a waste of time n money...
i cant count the number of calls they made to me.. they sound more like a bunch of telemarketers rather than adcom...

they promise u the world! they told me abt makin me part of some "elite team" which will travel around to work and study @ various diff branches bla bla bla

a friend of mine knew someone who fell for it and decided to apply.. needless to say, she got in and within a few weeks dropped out of hult and then applied to SDA the next year..

...DONT BOTHER...

by shajji » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:06 am
Hey,I figured that much from the calls I got. Finally, decided against applying.

But, I must tell you that they are ranked pretty well in a few major rankings. Thanks for your reply.

Shajji

by Stacey Oyler » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:52 pm
I am glad you were able to make a decision about the school. Happy New Year!

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

by shajji » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:15 pm
Thank you Stacey! Happy new year to you as well!

Shajji

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by shishir.dwivedi » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:24 am
I have the same questions. But perhaps it will be better if you just tell us how well HULT is perceived by the experts? What is its image in the industries which recruit MBAs? Is it considered any good or is just another run-of-the-mill business school?
The program looks promising and is in alignment with what I expect to get out of my MBA studies. But my doubts are related to the visibility of HULT as a quality institution and whether or not it will give me the brand name I am looking for, should I choose to join it.

by Stacey Oyler » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:30 pm
Hi,

A quick glance at their employment statistics should help you figure out if the program is a good fit for you. I suggest you consider the industries you may be interested in joining post MBA and see which employers recruit at the school. Hiring stats are a great way to determine how a school is perceived by recruiters. You may also wish to check out the annual WSJ survey on this subject. Each year the WSJ ranks MBA programs based on a survey given to recruiters.

Best,

Stacey

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

by willbrij » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:36 am
Hult is definitely not the best of the schools. Very immature and still struggling with organizational issues. Career services is something you should be very careful with.
Unless you have the work permit it might be almost impossible for you to find global opportunities..which is their selling point.
Most of the alumni is struggling with job search and the current economic situation isn't helping them at all. Further, HULT seems to have a very strong marketing team that over sells the school. Good ranking in FT and Economist and no ranking in businessweek by Bloomberg raises further question on their credibility...

I will recommend talking to as many alumni as possible before going for this school. Most of the Indian students are struggling after graduating from this school.

by Stacey Oyler » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:33 pm
It's always a good idea to research employment statistics at a school before enrolling. I am quite confident that the Career Services department will be honest with you about job opportunities. While they may be a bit optimistic, I am confident that they would not mislead you. After all, they are the ones who will be working with you to help you find a job, it's in their best interest to be open and honest about employment and placement stats. Keep in mind that changes in the economy can also impact job opportunities - meaning that things may be quite different in a couple of years than they are now.

Stacey

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

by Monkey125 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:06 pm
I wont ever recommend Hult mba. Friends in debt, very bad experience. Recruiters push, poor standards and english. Americans and british dont know the school and are the minority in class, for a good reason. Dont make same mistake as many indians did, including myself. For profit school, worst investment ever made. But your choice. Search for hult bad mba or hult bad experience or hult fraud, hult spam, hult scam in google and you'll find so much info. But your choice, time and money.

by ANGRYSTUDENT » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:33 am
As someone who studied with HULT and then heard about their methods I feel I should let people know that it's true that this school is a scam. Sales-people/recruiters are under a lot of pressure to recruit, otherwise they are fired - the result is that they recruit anyone and the appalling, hire and fire, corporate culture with no morals is ultimately why the school fails.

It sickens me that HULT paint themselves as philanthropists when the cash they donate for 'the HULT prize' is blatently used for marketing. HULT is like it's parent company - EF (Education First), they have an immoral way of operating, trying to squeeze their customers as well as their staff for everything they've got and generally behaving in a dishonerable manner.

I sincerely regret attending HULT and this has been compounded by seeing how this morally corrupt organisation conducts itself.

On a positive note - I suppose they could improve but it would have to start with changing the ethos from making as much money as possible without considering quality, morals and how they treat both staff and students.

An MBA should be about learning about how to grow employees and creating sustainable, ethical organisations etc. It's hard to hear this at the same time as studying at a morally bankrupt organisation.

by eniac » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:18 am
Stacey Oyler wrote:Keep in mind that changes in the economy can also impact job opportunities - meaning that things may be quite different in a couple of years than they are now.

Stacey
This is probably the best piece of advice you can get from someone about MBA in general. There are more and more MBA students every year and in the end it is on you and your individual skill whether you are going to get a job or not. School, in this case, is just a launching pad or a leverage you use to get the best opportunity out there. It is not a difference with Hult as well.

I am sad to see some angry students here but, as a Hult student, I would share their opinion. I am in San Francisco for six months now and it is almost sure that I will get a job as soon as I finish with my studies. If you work hard in your school, know what you want and network on right places to achieve so it is not an impossible mission. Waiting for a job to happen won't help you even if you study at Ivy League schools.

It is not a lie that Hult is very agressive when it comes to marketing, but if you are a brand that is only 8 years old and want the world to know about you there is no other way to do so. And they are doing a great job as you can see by this year's rankings. I will try to put everything in one blog post soon and will share the link with you here.

by rahul.tripathi5 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:34 am
Hello,

I have applied and submitted my application for the HULT International Business School. I am interested in the Boston campus.

My profile is:

GMAT Score:- 540(5.0/6 in Essay)
Graduation:- BTech in IT stream with 74.5%
Class 12th:- 82%(Science)
Class 10th:- 86%
Table Tennis Player and also interested in Painting
Work Experience:- 3 years 3 months in a Multinational Company in IT sector.

Could anyone please help me and assist me whether I have a fair chance to get an admission in the School?

Regards,
Rahul Tripathi

by goku » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:36 pm
Hult is not worth the money. It is completely a money making school with a very low standard of education, syllabus , subjects, staff etc. If you are really rich and just want to donate money you can take admission. This people make fool of students and career. A complete waste of money and time. the staff member, principal and assistant deans are complete nonsense. This school do not follow their own rules. They have made joke of their own principle. Prof are discriminating. Whatever is written in student guide handbook is fake. The grades standard are very poor. they will give you admission even without any qualifications or exams. No job help and etc. Their standards of teachings and learning outcome are not even near to an average American High school. You will regret to be a part of this school if anyone is planing to take admission in 2014.