Just started prep for GMAT.

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Just started prep for GMAT.

by Maheswara » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:02 am
I just started preparing for GMAT. I took GMATPrep test 1 to assess wher I stand. I got score of 460 with qant 47 and verbal 10. I know I am weak at verbal. Please advise me how I can get 40 (at least above 35). I can spend 2-3 hrs a day and I am planning to take GMAT after 4-6 months.

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:33 am
Maheswara wrote:I just started preparing for GMAT. I took GMATPrep test 1 to assess wher I stand. I got score of 460 with qant 47 and verbal 10. I know I am weak at verbal. Please advise me how I can get 40 (at least above 35). I can spend 2-3 hrs a day and I am planning to take GMAT after 4-6 months.
To be frank, 10 in Verbal is on extremely lower side and you should read a few examples from OG-10 first and then gain some useful insights to understand the types of questions asked and how OG explain the solutions.

You must consider taking expert help in order to utilize your time and energy in the best possible manner rather than getting frustrated by trying to understand everything of Verbal on your own and wasting a lot of time rather than using it better.

Practice in appropriate guided manner along with the persistence is the key to GMAT.

All the best!!!
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:34 am
Start studying Critical Reasoning section first in Verbal. I am sure that would interest you and get you confidence to go further with more energy.
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Maheswara » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:07 am
Thanks a lot GMATinsight for the advise. I have OG review 2115 edition. Will that be helpful for me to increase my score?

As suggested I will start with Critical Reasoning.

Thanks a lot!!!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:03 am
Hi Maheswara,

When you took this practice CAT test, did you have a pacing problem in the Verbal section? Did you leave any questions unanswered or have to guess on a bunch of questions at the end, just to finish?

The Verbal section of the GMAT is just as standardized and predictable as the Quant section; you'll need to learn content AND tactics/patterns to raise your score.

With 4-6 months of study time, you've given yourself plenty of time to succeed. With such a strong Quant score, you might not need as much time as you've allowed for. It's likely that you'll need some consistent professional guidance (from a Self-Study Course or a tutor) to help you score in the high 30s or 40s in Verbal, so you should investigate your options.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]