SP Jain GMBA it is!! Should I take on the challenge for ISB?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello guys,

I recently got through the GMBA program of SP Jain (September intake) and feel ecstatic about it. For this, I had just prepared for a short duration (a week) for the SPJAT exam and cleared it at the very last moment (5th round). I appeared for the exam and after clearing it, I successfully got through the subsequent rounds the same day. Don't have a GMAT score with me right now.

The other option: Defer the admission at SP Jain after paying the non refundable registration amount (I already did that) and prepare for GMAT and take on the challenge to get into ISB. Seems like it'll take quite an effort though.

Also, one of the parameters for me is the time. If I get through ISB, I will start from April but if I start with SP Jain, I'll begin in Jan and finish my first trimester by April. Additionally, the international exposure of SP Jain is something I'm looking forward at.

My profile snapshot: Graduation from very good institute, decent acads and extra curricular activities, Over 3 yrs work ex: In a leadership program with an MNC and entrepreneurial ex for a year. I'm open to employment options abroad and even in India.

I intend to work in Management/ Strategic Consulting post my MBA. Is is worth trying for ISB considering I already have a good program at hand?

I need some insights on this as this decision is going to have a major impact in my career. Please help.

Thanks!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ajitjoy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:33 pm
Hello,
Firstly congratulations on your achievement! Personally I think you must go ahead with SP Jain. As you said, you will be able to gain global exposure. You will get to learn and understand various business cultures studying in three different cities. Also why do you want to wait for so long for ISB? This seems like a wonderful opportunity. Grab it. :)

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by pratik123 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:15 am
Ya I heard SP Jain's placements are pretty decent.