710( Q50, V35) but AWA 4 and IR 3 need experts advice

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:710
Dear All,
I wrote GMAT on July 28th and scored 710( Q50, V35) but my concern is about IR score of 3 and AWA score of 4. Request experts's advice on how this score on AWA and IR would be seen by admission committees??. In my last GMAT almost two years back, I scored 540(Q49, V19) and AWA 4 and IR 6. The point of putting last GMAT score is to show that my IR is not really bad and infact in my mock test of GMAT prep I have scored IR 6 and 7. This time during the mid of my exam I lost my balance in IR and screwed up with IR 3. Do I need to consider writing GMAT again for IR and AWA?

Admission experts please comment.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:36 pm
Nope. And wow! A 540 to a 710 is A-MAH-ZING! Congratulations! Your IR will be supported by your previous GMAT and your AWA can be negated with essays that are well written. They don't count for rankings anyway so no. You have an amazing story of persevering and crushing things the 2nd time around - don't sell that short!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:710

by abhi.iitb » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:32 pm
Thanks a lot Bhavik for alleviating my nervousness and suggesting a nice point for my essay preparation. I will keep this in mind while writing essays.

Warm regards,
Abhishek