acceptance letter response deadline

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

acceptance letter response deadline

by aircow33 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:13 am
Hi All,

New to the forum here. I have a question about applying to schools in Round 1 and then applying to other schools in round 2. Let's say i got accepted to the school i applied to in Round 1, how long do i have to make a decision? Do i have enough time to wait and see if i also get an acceptance from the round 2 or 3 school?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:55 am
Hi,
You need to check that with each specific school. Some schools publish the applicant's response date (MIT, Stanford) or deposit date (Cornell, UNC) along with their deadlines:
https://www.aringo.com/MBA_Current_Deadlines.asp

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by aircow33 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:59 am
Yeah, i noticed that. But a lot of schools dont publish this information, only a handful do. How am i suppose toake a proper decision on which schools to apply in round 1, which i~ round 2, without this information.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:55 pm
Based on your original post - no. You can't realistically expect to make a decision on a R1 acceptance after R2 notifications come out. That isn't very realistic for the schools and they're not in the business of waiting around as a backup.

That said, people often have to apply to the best of their ability and lock down a R1 spot if they get it. That's why people apply to a majority of their top choices in R1. Then, if a R2 decision comes in that you absolutely can't live without, then you accept the deposit for the R1 school as a sunk cost and move on.

I'd love to give you a better strategy but, unfortunately, there really isn't. Also, almost every program out there lists out when their decisions are released and when deposits are due. If you can't find this information then a) keep searching or b) call the school.

Good luck!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!