Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Entrepreneur to Product Manager

by [email protected] » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:49 am
Looking forward to hearing some tips.

Thank you so much.

Best!
Last edited by [email protected] on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:30 am
Hey - would love to help you but a couple of questions - GMAT and GPA?

Once I have that we'll roll up our sleeves and get you an assessment, sound good?

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Best

by [email protected] » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:47 am
Best!
Last edited by [email protected] on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member

by CriticalSquareMBA » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:39 pm
Hi there,

Thanks for the additional information! So what I love is your work experience. You are a "tried and true" entrepreneur and, in all honesty, that's a bit rare. You've also picked schools that make sense. UT Austin specifically makes a lot of sense. But with a score like 570 and the fact that you technically already have an MBA, you're looking a tough uphill climb. To your schools in Europe, I am confused on how that will really help you get where you're going. They don't strike me as the right programs.

Your goals make perfect sense but your GMAT is making this really tough. Here's what I would say - focus on the GMAT. Don't worry about schools or story or any of it until you take the test again. Once you have that score in hand, THEN let's get into tactical next steps. Then let's talk schools, strategy, and timeline.

Unfortunately, you have a really obvious component of your profile that I can point to and say, "that isn't great" and until you fix it, the rest of this is fairly hypothetical.

But, to your question about your goals, yes, they make perfect sense :).

Good luck with the retake!

Bhavik

Web | Facebook | Twitter

Best

by [email protected] » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:25 pm
Best!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member

by CriticalSquareMBA » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:04 am
Hey there - you clearly have some personal reasons to look at those schools. But what I would suggest is this. Track down some of these alumni from these schools in the field or function that you're interested in and take them out for coffee. Talk to them. Learn about their experience. How they've found their careers enabled.

Conversations with alumni are one of the best ways to learn about not only the program, but if they'll get you where you're going.

Check out our blog post on [How to Have Great Interviews with Alumni and Current Students].

I hope that helps! As you go through the process - feel free to reach out with any questions!

Bhavik

Web | Facebook | Twitter

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:48 am
Applicants from Latin American countries traditionally score lower on the GMAT so you will be grouped regionally. If you score in the mid-600's I would recommend you consider schools more competitive than the ones you are targeting.

Your profile is unique. I would recommend you contact me offline at [email protected] to do a free assessment.
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.