Profile Evaluation

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by latomide89 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:21 am
Hi

I would really appreciate it if you could evaluate my profile. My Target schools are: Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Tuck, Columbia, Haas, Sloan and Darden.

Nigerian Female, 25

Undergraduate: Economics,(Graduated with a 2:1 from the University of Leicester, UK)

Post Graduate: Finance and Economics (Graduated with a Pass from Warwick Business School - one of top 25 business schools in the world). There are four grade levels (Distinction, Pass and Fail). I'm particularly worried about this. For some reason i wasn't on top of my game during my masters and there's not any particularly serious reason for that. If i do get asked for my transcript, my not so great grades will be uncovered (including a failed Derivatives course).

I've also passed the CFA Level 1 exam

GMAT: to write GMAT on the 13th of September

Work experience: I currently have about 2 and a half years work experience with Accenture. By this time next year, i will have 3 and a half years of work experience with Accenture. I also previously worked with Exxon Mobil for 10 months during my Youth Service Year (a program compulsory for new Nigerian Graduates who wish to work in Nigeria) and i previously interned with KPMG for about 3 months.

Extracurricular Activities (I haven't done so much since i left university):
- Member of various choirs (2009 to date)
- Organised music talent hunt competition for secondary school students in a local government in Lagos, Nigeria (2010)
- Vice President, University of Leicester Finance Society (2007 - 2009)
- Team Lead, Mind the Gap Career Mentorship Programme (2009 - 2010)
- Student Communication Team (University of Leicester)(2007 - 2009)
- Community Services include (2006):
- Tutored young girls with physical disabilities
- Cleaned a local hospital every Wednesday for one year

Post-MBA goal: Possibly Strategy department of an FMCG

Kindly also advise on whether it better to apply in round one or two. I haven't started applications yet and round one deadlines for schools i'm interested in are from the end of September to first week October.

Thanks!