Hign Tution Fees

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Hign Tution Fees

by vmahi7 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:37 am
Hi All,

I went through GMAT official site for University Information.Every where i came across tuition fees around 40000 USD as a min for one yr.How can a individual be able to bare this total for 80k USD and living Exp.I have no idea at all ..i can spend till 40 lacs for an MBA.
can some one pls help me to get out of this i am in big confusion to go abroad or not..i am interested in it either.

Regards,
Mahesh

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by TarunaSaini » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:31 am
Hi,

The cost of MBA is definitely high. Try to apply to colleges where there is a higher chance for you to get a scholarship. That will help a lot. Certain colleges provide Graduate assistant-ship also, you might want to look into that.

Good Luck!!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by KaBie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:35 am
Hi vmahi7,

You aren't the only one thinking that. Even us here in the US think it's a high price to pay, but I suppose getting a degree from a well known universities pays for itself. A lot of people will get partial scholarships (and the lucky ones gets full ones) and other may finance part or full tuition with a student loan (but loans will come from your country of origin). I'm still trying to decide where I want to go, and it is tough looking at the price tags on a lot of them. But the hope is, in the end, that you excel in your work, make connections and land a great job afterward.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:35 am
Hi Mahesh,

Please share more details about your profile and GMAT score that will help to suggest you some good B-schools and programs that fit your budget and also where you have fair chance of getting scholarships. Try B-school selector tool by clicking here https://goo.gl/ocaeu6

Regards,
Manish
www.genedmba.com
vmahi7 wrote:Hi All,

I went through GMAT official site for University Information.Every where i came across tuition fees around 40000 USD as a min for one yr.How can a individual be able to bare this total for 80k USD and living Exp.I have no idea at all ..i can spend till 40 lacs for an MBA.
can some one pls help me to get out of this i am in big confusion to go abroad or not..i am interested in it either.

Regards,
Mahesh

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:720

by digvijayk » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:57 am
The cost is definitely out there. In many parts of the world, you can actually buy a good house for that amount. Here are somethings to remember:

1. B-schools will work with you if you share your needs. The support will come, once you are accepted.
2. Your home country's banks will work with you up to a certain limit. Depends on the school.
3. Certain schools don't allow you to work during the first year, etc. But if you need money, you need to apply to the schools that are known to be generous with assistantships etc. and let you work part time, so that you can meet your living costs.

My friend got into a school on 100% scholarship. But, she did not prepare well for the initial period of like 3-6 months, and had a very hard time once she got to the states. So, make sure you are very well prepared.

For me the challenge isn't raising the money, it is, how to pay the money back. Also, some schools have a deposit of like $6000 to ensure your place.

I think you need to focus on your apps for now, and maybe for the deposit amounts, which some schools want to paid within a month of them accepting you. For me, the immediate 6k is a bigger problem than the 40k to be arranged in some time.

Hope some of that helps. I am on the same boat as you, so in case you figure out something innovative do let me know :)
Follow my blog at: https://gmat0.blocked/

No business could ever survive without strategy, so how can your test preparation? Get your strategy in place today. Go to:

https://www.amazon.com/GMAT-Improve-Dras ... 00A7CTV1A/