Selecting 5 schools on test day... What to do?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask you some questions related to sending my score on Test Day to my schools. I am willing to pay the fee to send the scores to extra schools but I am having trouble select my actual 5. With your insight, I think I can make my selection.

My questions are:

1) Next week is my first time taking the Official exam, but will schools see all my scores if I retake? As in, if I choose not to send my score to a certain school this time but I decide to send to that school on my second attempt, will that school see my score from the First time?

2) I am forecasting that I could come in at a good score if I boost Verbal by a few more points, should I have my reach schools on this "Select 5" group or go with schools that if I get below my forecast on I am OK with?

I realize these are your personal opinions but I know this community has more knowledge on this area than me.
Last edited by mrgillette89 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:14 pm
Actually the first question is not a matter of opinion, schools will see all the scores. So if you take the exam now and 1 month later they will see both scores.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by mrgillette89 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:55 am
Thanks David! I did some reading and found that the schools will see all the scores on my GMAT transcript.

Much appreciated.