Review of Veritas Practice Test

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

Review of Veritas Practice Test

by [email protected] » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:24 am
Hi,

Would anyone have a realistic review of Veritas GMAT Simulators (mocks tests). How well do they represent the actual GMAT performance?

Thanks in advance

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:01 am
[email protected] wrote:Hi,

Would anyone have a realistic review of Veritas GMAT Simulators (mocks tests). How well do they represent the actual GMAT performance?

Thanks in advance
Hi Shibsriz,

I can only comment about the Quant section of Veritas test. I feel they are pretty close to actual GMAT and not unrealistically difficult as MGMAT.

However I haven't got a great feedback about the tests in terms of Verbal tested through these tests.

More feedback here might help get better inputs about Verbal but for Quant I can definitely give my "Go Ahead"
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:58 pm
Hi shibsriz,

I assume you're asking because you've taken practice CATs from a variety of sources and you're curious about some differences in your scores? Or maybe you're considering purchasing these CATs?

If you can offer a few more details behind why you're asking, then I'll be happy to advise.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:365 members

by VivianKerr » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:23 pm
This might be what you're looking for: https://gmatclub.com/gmat-score-calculator/

That said, it's ALL conjecture. The closest scores to your ACTUAL GMAT score are the GMATPrep. I think it's safe to "underestimate" your MGMAT and VeritasPrep scores by at least 20 points (if not 30-40!) to be safe.

For example, if you got a 680+ consistently on the VeritasPrep CATs, you'd probably get at least a 650 on the actual exam. This isn't based on anything but my own theory, since in general students tend to lose points on the actual GMAT due to nerves.

If I were you, I wouldn't feel REALLY confident going into the GMAT until I scored 40-50 points higher than my do-or-die target score on at least 2-3 practice CATs from MULTIPLE SOURCES (MGMAT, Veritas, GMATPrep).
Vivian Kerr
GMAT Rockstar, Tutor
https://www.GMATrockstar.com
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gmat-rockstar-los-angeles

Former Kaplan and Grockit instructor, freelance GMAT content creator, now offering affordable, effective, Skype-tutoring for the GMAT at $150/hr. Contact: [email protected]

Thank you for all the "thanks" and "follows"! :-)