BAD BAD GMAT Score

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

BAD BAD GMAT Score

by ekong002 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:34 pm
Hello..
I just took my GMAT exam yesterday and it was my second attempt.
I got about 590 for my first attempt, which is very low.. And I was expecting to get around 610-630 for the second attempt since my practice CATs were about in that range. However, disastrously... I got 480 which I never expected to get that low.. I guess I had some concentrating issues during the exam..
And the biggest problem is that I was overly shocked looking at the score and pressed the report option by mistake instead of cancelling the score immediately after the full exam.
So my question is... although I retake the exam and get mid-600 score, would school admissions highly consider about my 480 score and would I be disadvantaged in getting accepted to schools?
I'm really in a shock right now and I don't know what to do... I've been preparing this for about 10 months now(took a while because of my deficiency in English) and I'm really about to give up on this...
Help me!

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:02 am
ekong002 wrote:Hello..
I just took my GMAT exam yesterday and it was my second attempt.
I got about 590 for my first attempt, which is very low.. And I was expecting to get around 610-630 for the second attempt since my practice CATs were about in that range. However, disastrously... I got 480 which I never expected to get that low.. I guess I had some concentrating issues during the exam..
And the biggest problem is that I was overly shocked looking at the score and pressed the report option by mistake instead of cancelling the score immediately after the full exam.
So my question is... although I retake the exam and get mid-600 score, would school admissions highly consider about my 480 score and would I be disadvantaged in getting accepted to schools?
I'm really in a shock right now and I don't know what to do... I've been preparing this for about 10 months now(took a while because of my deficiency in English) and I'm really about to give up on this...
Help me!
10 Months is much longer than one should take to prepare for GMAT. If one takes more time then it starts acting against the test taker because many things that you practice in beginning of your preparation fade over time.

First suggestion from my side will be, "Don't Give Up"

Second will be "Take proper time and proper Guidance to prepare for GMAT"

Read plenty of experiences available in which third or even forth attempt got success to the test takers. You could be next in the league.

Let me know the problem areas so that I can guide you better.

If you don't know the problem areas then get in touch for knowing them and working on them.

Looking for the way forward is the only Way...

All the best!!!

Cheers!!!
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour