GMAT prep scores not crossing 650 -- PROFILE REVIW

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello,

Am planning to take the gmat next month and aiming for a score of 700, but my mock test scores are no way close to 700.
What are my chances if my score turns up close to 670-680 ??

Brief intro to my profile.

Indian Male 28 yrs
10th 90%
12th 75%
Engineering 72% Distinction.
1year IT work ex after undergrad
MS Computer Science -Georgia Institute of Technology 3.75 GPA
2 years IT work ex in USA.

Got bored of coding, quit software came back to India.
Started a firm - Renewable energy equipment manufacturing, investment in Solar Power Plant. Business is fine with turn over of more than 50lakhs (100000 USD).

Extra Curr : loads - I teach computer science and English in a school every weekends, have taken up work to install Water purifiers and street lights in some really backward villages in India - have received Letter of Appreciation from a couple ministers.
Am also a member of a NGO recognised by Govt of India.

Post MBA : work for a couple of years in operations / logistics or supply chain management company get knowledge and return back to India to improve my firm
Would also like to explore opportunities in energy companies, it would be great to work a renewable energy company, but not really sure about job openings for international students.

Main criterion : Placements - have experienced enough headaches in Georgia Tech.
Location - preferably close to a big City.

My target schools :
Ross
Fuqua
Jones
Emory
Foster
Kelley

2nd choice schools

Broad
Northeastern.

Will apply to Harvard and Stanford no matter what my score is. I want to try my luck .. Miracles do happen :)

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Pate13 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:54 pm
If you get that score, I think you would have a great chance of getting into your target schools. The main issue you will run into is putting all of your achievements / experience into the right words. The material is definitely there, but having it highlight you in the best way possible is a challenge (for everyone). You might want to consider hiring an MBA consulting firm to help you with the application process. First and foremost, concentrate on getting your target GMAT score. If that turns up well, you shouldn't have a hard time getting into those programs with the right application help. Good luck!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by 07ronney10 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:00 pm
Thanks!

Will try to get to my target score :)

What do you think of schools that I have selected ? Are they in line with the Post MBA Goals ?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by TarunaSaini » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:49 pm
You can have a look at the following link. It lists the top colleges for Supply Chain Management and Logistics. Maybe it will help be helpful in searching for colleges

https://colleges.usnews.rankingsandrevie ... -logistics

Good Luck!!