I JUST BEAT THE GMAT WITH 700....DO I NEED TO RETAKE?

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello all, after a struggle of 2 month and balancing my study with full time job, I received my unofficial score of 700 (Q 48, V 38, IR 4). I am an Indian female working as an Electronics & Instrumentation engineer in Oil and Gas PSU since 1.5 years. My academic qualification are:
CLASS 10 : 88%, CLASS 12 :92%, engineering CGPA : 9.3 on 10, I am targeting top 10 Bschools of USA with full scholarship for Full time MBA. Since, I have just 2 years experience, I intend to work for 1 more year and start my application process on 2015, for class starting on 2016.Please suggest whether I need to retake my exam.

Also, thanks to BTG community, I was a silent reader of this forum posts since 1 month and those really motivated me.

Awaiting suggestions.

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Sat May 31, 2014 7:33 am
With the target universities that you have in list, you must target GMAT score 750+. This would be a requirement as your experience is not at par with majority of applicants into those universities.

Since you have taken GMAT recently so making an improvement of 50 marks will not be as difficult as it would be if you delay taking GMAT later.

Also you must work on quality of your work experience and achievements at work. [/quote]
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat May 31, 2014 9:01 am
Hi anubury,

First off, a 700/Q48 is a great score. The Top-10 Business Schools are all very competitive, but your score puts you in position to apply to any of them. As such, retesting is probably NOT necessary. If you have specific questions though, I'd suggest that you post in the Admissions Forum (on this site). The experts there should be able to offer some perspective about your plans. Congrats again.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by anubury » Sat May 31, 2014 10:36 am
thanx all... can u please send me the link of the admission forum here on this site...thanx in advance

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by [email protected] » Sat May 31, 2014 1:28 pm
Hi anubury,

If you scroll down the main Forum page, you'll see the links. Here's the direct link into that Forum:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/ask-an-mba-a ... t-f40.html

Rich

by anubury » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:56 am
hello, thanx to both of you, Currently I work as an Instrumentation engineer in OIL and GAS PSU in India, will be completing 2 yrs work ex in july 2014. When is it a smart move to apply MBA programms in US?? Since by next year July I can get 3 yrs ex, I can apply only in round 2..please help me with your valuable suggestions

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by [email protected] » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:28 am
Hi anubury,

You ask a "big" question, but the little information that you've provided makes it impossible to evaluate your potential application. You really should speak directly with an Admissions Expert. Before you do so though, you really should have answers to all of the general questions (what school? what program? WHY that school/program? what do you want to do with your degree? etc.). The more specific you can be, the more likely that an Expert will be able to correctly assess your situation and offer pointed advice.

Rich

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by sultana199 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:06 pm
Congrats for your excellent result. It is enough to try for MBA admission, but when you go for the top schools, you must face a tough competition. So, if you can score better than it, it will be easy to get the chance for admission. Best of luck.

by anubury » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:27 am
Hi rich and everyone here. Thank you all for your advice's. I applied and got many admits.Out of which I selected Indiana Kelley and received scholarship plus GA. Thanks again

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by [email protected] » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:15 am
Hi anubury,

That's fantastic news! Congratulations!

Rich

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by TheViceroy » Fri May 15, 2015 8:55 am
A 700 is a great score. I don't think you have to worry dude. You should reach out to the admissions consultants here at beat the GMAT. THey'll all give you some free time for you to pick their brain.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by slevitt » Fri May 22, 2015 8:30 am
anubury wrote:Hi rich and everyone here. Thank you all for your advice's. I applied and got many admits.Out of which I selected Indiana Kelley and received scholarship plus GA. Thanks again
Hi anubury,

I second the congratulations. That's really awesome. If you're open to share, what other programs were you able to gain admission to?

I'm also curious to hear what other factors besides the 700 GMAT score helped out.

Thanks for lending a hand if you can!