Effectiveness of alternative transcript

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Effectiveness of alternative transcript

by jayaramgokul » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:57 am
Hi Sir,

I wanted to know more about an alternative transcript's role in an MBA admission.

I have seen plenty of situation where either due to maturity, health concerns or even due to unforeseen circumstances, students tend to drop down on their GPAs and later reproduce a fresh alternative transcript to redeem their UG fallacies.

My query is, is this method effective? I actually wanted an answer based on your experience with students aspiring for MBA in the US. I ask this because I have seen quite a number of students who approach an admission via such a route, however on some case it hasn't been successful although in some other cases it has turned out positive.

I am not sure whether the unsuccessful cases had anything to do with their application in general or otherwise, but all the more I have heard of situations where this method doesn't really work, especially when we are trying for schools on top 10 range.

My question is simple... I want to know how exactly the admission committee looks into alternative transcript (online or offline.. Presumably from top US colleges) if the reason for the same is genuine?