Profile Evaluation for Black Female

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members

Profile Evaluation for Black Female

by bml1105 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:59 pm
Just took the GMAT today. Scored a 680. I'm likely going to retake, but I'm a realist so I know I could score the same or lower.

I'm wondering what my realistic chances are at the following schools with my current GMAT score: Haas, Columbia, Stern, Dartmouth, Cornell, Yale, UCLA, Tepper

Information about me:

Ethnicity: Black
Age at application: 27
Undergrad GPA: 3.17 in Bachelor of Science for Business Administration
Law School: GPA is not on a 4.0 scale. Top third of law school class.
Work Experience: Licensed Attorney in California. At the time of application, I will have 3 years of sales and account management experience. 2 years as an account executive. 1 year in as a regional manager with a different company. I also take on a few family law cases each year pro bono.

Thank you for your time!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:45 pm
Hi bml1105,

Thanks for your post. In regards to the GMAT, for the programs you are applying to we would recommend you take the GMAT again. One thing that is important to remember is that in your business school application, your highest GMAT score is self-reported. For this reason, admissions teams focus on your best score, and there isn't any harm in taking the test again. Most of the programs you are considering would like to see a GMAT score of at least 700.

I hope the above is of help.

Cheers,
Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me