Profile evaluation please

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaluation please

by RamaK88 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:10 am
I would like a profile evaluation from you if possible.

My profile particulars are as below:

Experience: Worked 5 years for a big-4 IT firm across three cities in India. Joined as a trainee and am now at a Team Leader position. Won three promotions to get here. I have travelled a lot in India but never outside for work. My work has mostly been on IT consulting engagements (for the first year it was development).

GMAT: 730 overall score, and GPA of 8.1/10.0 from a non-IIT engineering college in India (NSIT) and I graduated in Computer Science. I have taken GMAT three times, is that a problem?

Interests outside work: Have been volunteering for an NGO for more than six months now, and I have represented my company at some corporate debating events. Played some cricket at university levels (lost my certificates), and used to be part of my state under-17 cricket team in school (I never played though, I was part of the 16 but never the final 11).

Is it possible for me to get admitted to US top 10 or Insead? Also, how do I convert my GPA to 4 point scale (simply divide by 2.5?) Can you suggest 2-3 schools that I can look at? Also, is losing my extra-curricular certificates going to be a problem?