Help

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Help

by daredreamdo » Fri May 30, 2014 7:26 am
Hi Guys,
I have a question about choosing a school. I am a PhD in biomedical sciences and I have admits from two schools - University of Illinois (UIUC) MBA program with some funding and from University of Memphis - Company Sponsored MBA program. At UIUC i am looking at an investment of about 70K and it is a better ranked school. Whereas at UofM - MBA program it is all paid by sponsoring company (tuition, books, laptop included) and also pays a stipend of about 1500 USD per month for full 21 months and a guaranteed job after MBA with commitment of 2 years. It sounds great. I am worried about the reputation of the school and also starting salary. It seems average at UIUC is better by atleast 15000 USD per year compared to U of Memphis and also that overall experience as well as exposure would be much better at UIUC. Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:47 pm
Hi there,

That's a tough call, and somewhat personal... my suggestion would be to really assess the potential/theoretical job opportunities after each, and work the numbers on the investment, as certainly Memphis saves a ton of $$, but it just depends on how you see your long term career looking after each. Perhaps you could ask to be put in touch with someone who has done the route you described at Memphis, as well as Illinois alum...
good luck, and congrats on the offers!
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders