The 10 People You'll Meet in Your MBA

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:4 members

The 10 People You'll Meet in Your MBA

by asha328 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:13 am
1. The Know-it-all - The classmate who seems to know everything and wants everybody to know it. If they think they're soooo brilliant, then what the hell are they still doing in school?!?

2. The Celebrity Wannabe - They want to be popular. They want to know everyone and be everywhere; clearly the winner of the congeniality crown. But remember, familiarity breeds apathy.

3. The Orator - Also known as the MC (Master of Comments). These people love to hear themselves speak. They are soothed by the sound of their own voices and think they're so clever by always saying something in class. Most people would call this verbal masturbation.

4. The Interrogator - They ask questions they already know the answers to. They ask questions for the sake of asking. Yes, we should sue these people if we destroy an optic nerve from rolling our eyes.

5. The Energizer Bunny - The classmate who has Redbull pumping into his/her bloodstream. This person can party from midnight 'til dawn, and still manage to show up in class looking fresh as a daisy.
Oh, how we envy them.

6. The Leader - The proactive student who loves to organize events, photocopy notes for everyone, initiate group studies... generally thought of as God's gift to slackers.

7. The Comic - The classmate who says the funniest things at the dullest moments. You will owe this person your sanity.

8. The Player - Charm is naturally wired in the player's DNA, and this social butterfly immensely enjoys the mating dance. According to Askmen.com, players understand the fine line between offensive and irresistible i.e. "classy jerks".

9. The Egobombastic - The person who frequently begins a sentence with "I" and ends it with "me". It's pretty difficult to hang out with this person; when his/her ego gets too big, you'd always run out of room.

10. The Nice Guy - This is your average Joe/Jane. Don't be deceived. Not all nice guys finish last.

A huge chunk of the MBA experience is learning how to manage your emotions and relationships with different people. But honestly, at the end of the day, it's alcohol that unites all differences.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by sultana199 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:43 pm
Really, it is very informative and interesting writings. It must help in my practical life of MBA. Thank you very much.

by sultana199 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:43 pm
Really, it is very informative and interesting writings. It must help in my practical life of MBA. Thank you very much.

by sultana199 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:44 pm