Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Evaluation (10+ Years)

by nrajan1981 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:29 pm
Hi,
The following is my profile:

Nationality: India
SSC: 82.5%
HSC: 95.5%
M Sc (Hons.) Economics & MMS, Bits Pilani - (CGPA 8.23 / 10)

Total IT Experience : 10.6 Years (currently Lead ERP Consultant); worked with IBM and Oracle India)
Total International Experience: 1 Year

Reason for MBA
Earlier, did have interest in Finance and Investment Banking not sure whether it is still late to pursue
I wish to move into Top Management role on the corporate strategy / Management Consulting side and would solicit your advice on the same.

Also, I wish to know whether it is better to take up normal or executive MBA and whether to look for the same from Indian / US / European B-schools.
Also, in addition, what schools should I target and the needed GMAT score ?

Thanks & Regards,
Raj.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Sun May 04, 2014 12:15 pm
Raj--with 10+ years in the field and being in the Indian applicant pool, I would be targeting executive MBA programs. As for where, you should consider where your desired work locale will be post MBA and consider going to school near there, since the network you get from b-school will be one of your most critical assets. consulting firms will likely be attracted to your experience and so I don't anticipate your having any trouble getting a job after school, but these other considerations are important for your long term career development. A good GMAT is actually not as critical for executive programs as it is for full time, but if you do apply to schools which require the GMAT, you should try to get as high a score as possible, since your applicant pool does indeed have a very high average GMAT.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options