US looking for a Chinese MBA

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

US looking for a Chinese MBA

by Oneva » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:23 pm
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post a question that has been on my mind for a while. I am a US citizen who is interested in applying to a school in China for international exposure. The school I was most interested in was CEIBS. However, during my research, I was unable to find any information about students after their MBA programs.

There were a few great blogs from people who were in the program or just entered the program via Bloomberg and CEIBS website. However, I could not seem to find their career details post MBA. (IE Isaac Iglesias- Journalist for Bloomberg) It seems everything I am searching for online are article topics promoted by CEIBS marketing. I was also browsing through the CEIBS career reports on their website, it stated 90% employment, but details were very vague. Salary ranged from $12K a year to $150K a year.

Without much info to build on, I have budding concerns on a Chinese MBA. Another reason was mainly because there was an article out recently stating many Chinese students are obtaining their degrees from prestigious MBAs in the US before returning to work in China. I feel that with the intensive competition it might be best to avoid the Chinese MBA and focus mainly on obtaining a US MBA.

I was wondering if I could request the help from a wiser and more experienced forum-er on my quest for knowledge. Thanks, much appreciated.