Work Experience Calculated

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Work Experience Calculated

by IlliniBSer » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:31 am
Hey everyone,

I watched a video yesterday posted on BeattheGMAT YouTube page. It was the Director of Admissions from University of Arizona MBA program talking about letters of rec. and work experience. He mentioned that schools calculate work experience starting from after you graduate..Ive been working for a year and a half now and I graduated but still had one more class to take so I did not receive my degree till a year after. I got my current job because I was able to show the company that I only needed one more class to take which I was in the process of taking. My question is, do you guys think I would still be able to count that year it took me to take and complete the class as work experience since I was working and that one class was a random class that had nothing to do with my actual major.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Melissa@Fortuna » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:17 am
Yes absolutely you can count that year as a full time work experience! Not to worry.

All the best,
-Melissa and the Fortuna Admissions Team

Melissa Jones | Fortuna Admissions - a dream team of former Admissions Directors from the world's top business schools

Interested in a free 30-minute admissions consultation? Sign up on our website https://www.fortunadmissions.com