Profile Evaluation : GMAT-680 / Indian / Male / 25

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:680
Hello,

Please review my profile and suggest which colleges I can look forward for full-time MBA.

GMAT Score:

680 (Quant - 49, Verbal - 33)
AWA - 5.0

Work Experience:

45 Months (till date)

24 Months with IBM Global Business Solutions and 21 Months (till date) with Deloitte. Currently working with Deloitte as an SAP Consultant.

Education:

B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering, NIT Bhopal
GPA - 8.2/10 (3.3/4.0)

Senior School (Class 12) - 86% (CBSE)

High School (Class 10) - 81% (CBSE)

I am looking for admission in the classes beginning in Fall 2015. Please suggest the colleges which I can apply for Full-time MBA. I am open to both US and non-US B-schools.

Thanks a lot!!
Abhi

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Mansie Dewan Consulting » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 pm
Hi Abhi,

With your profile, the GMAT score seems to be a little low. Attempting a re-take?

The information you've provided is very inadequate for suggesting you possible fits. When you gave your GMAT, which schools did you send your scores to?
Mansie Dewan

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:680

by abhi31 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:55 am
Hi Mansie,

Thanks for your reply. I had given GMAT in May-2011. But, earlier I was looking for admissions only in top B-Schools of India through CAT and didn't apply for any through GMAT. Now I am planning to use the same score to go with my MBA Application this year. Till now, I haven't applied to any schools.

Please let me know what additional information would be helpful to you to make the possible suggestions.

Thanks,
Abhi

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Mansie Dewan Consulting » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:15 pm
Abhi,

Your profile is good; don't let this average GMAT score get in your way of applying to top schools. Since you gave the exam only once, your are likely to shoot your score up by atleast 30-40 points if you attempt a re-take after preparation. Now, do you have any budgetary limitations? Any location preference? Any particular schools you have an affinity towards? Most importantly, what industry and function do you see yourself a part of post MBA? Also which schools did you send your score to when you gave the exam?
Mansie Dewan

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:49 am
Hi Abhi,

Your profile is decent,with strong academics and work experience. Your GMAT is average and you can always compensate this with strong application and academics. In US you can apply to b-schools as given below
Kellogg, Tuck and Darden (Ambitious)
Ross, Tepper, Duke, Georgetown and Emory (Realistic and where you have fair chance)
Rochester Simon, Urbana Champaign, Kelley, SMU Cox, MSU Broad, Rice university (safe schools)

Non US schools (UK)
London Business School (Ambitious)
Oxford,Cambridge (realistic)
Cranfield, Manchester business school (Safe)

Canada region
Ivey, Rotman , McGill, Schulich

Europe - You can consider INSEAD, IE, IESE, HEC, St.Gallen (where average GMAT is between 660-710)

Your focus should be on starting early for application and choose minimum 5 -6 schools to apply out of this list to increase your chances. Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help!!

Regards,
Manish
www.general-ed.com
Visit https://www.general-ed.com/webinars-seminars to interact with top b-school alumni.
abhi31 wrote:Hello,

Please review my profile and suggest which colleges I can look forward for full-time MBA.

GMAT Score:

680 (Quant - 49, Verbal - 33)
AWA - 5.0

Work Experience:

45 Months (till date)

24 Months with IBM Global Business Solutions and 21 Months (till date) with Deloitte. Currently working with Deloitte as an SAP Consultant.

Education:

B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering, NIT Bhopal
GPA - 8.2/10 (3.3/4.0)

Senior School (Class 12) - 86% (CBSE)

High School (Class 10) - 81% (CBSE)

I am looking for admission in the classes beginning in Fall 2015. Please suggest the colleges which I can apply for Full-time MBA. I am open to both US and non-US B-schools.

Thanks a lot!!
Abhi

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:59 pm
Hey Abhi,

Before we can get into helping you figure out where you stand and where you should consider applying, we're going to need a LOT more info. For example, what do you want to do after your MBA? What have you been doing at work? What do you DO at work? Do you have any leadership experience? What kind of clients? What kind of roles? What do you do outside of client service? Both within the firm and the community at large?

On a side note - you need to retake the GMAT. It's a bit low (sorry!) and given who you are competing with for spots, your score should really be in the low 700s to just be average with your applicant pool.

Remember - the more you share, the more we can help! Look forward to hearing from you!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!