Should I already send the GMAT Score?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Should I already send the GMAT Score?

by Jumuller » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:33 am
Hi everyone,

I'm about to take the GMAT test soon as I'm currently having the time for all the preparation that is needed. However I'm not going to apply before fall, maybe not even this year.

I'm not sure if I should still send the test results to my preferred schools already as I can pick 5 programs to send the results to for free, while taking the test. How do the admission teams handle the scores if there is no application following, or if the application comes a year later?

Thanks for your help.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:41 am
Hey there,

First off - good luck on your GMAT!!

As for sending scores, it really doesn't matter. Adcoms know people don't necessarily take the GMAT right before they apply. Some get it out of the way right after undergrad, some wait until 2 months before apps are due. It doesn't matter one way or another.

As for what they do with it, it'll put you on their email lists but that's about it. Depending on your score, various programs may choose to reach out to you to invite you attend events, apply, etc. That's all just marketing. If you would like to send your score, that's perfectly fine. If you'd rather not send it yet and see how you do, that's fine too. Most schools only ask you to self-report and some don't even ask for all the scores if you don't want to report them. They only want the official report once you're accepted.

It's up to you and how comfortable you feel with it!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!