Submitting a GMAT Score

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Submitting a GMAT Score

by SCHMID01 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:05 pm
One of the schools I had my GMAT score sent to has sent me a personal email from the Director of Admissions and Recruiting. That individual also called and left me a message, inviting me to reach out to them with any questions I have about the program. Is this typical for most MBA programs? Is there any specific way I should try to leverage that contact?

Also on a somewhat related topic, how should I approach networking with the admissions team? Should I wait to be reached out to, try to reach out to them on LinkedIn, or wait for an invite to an event?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Melissa@Fortuna » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:21 pm
Wow that's great. You must have a good gmat score, I'm guessing!

This isn't unusual for schools to do. It's great now that you will have a direct person to reach out to should you have specific questions about the school and/or the app process so feel free to reach out to him/her anytime.

In terms of networking, definitely don't wait for them to come to you. Attend local events in you city to meet admissions and/or professors and alumni. Or even better, attend the campus to get a tour, sit in on a class, meet students and admissions, etc. Also the more you do these things and reach out to current students and alumni, the more you will have a better sense if it's the right school for you. So be proactive and get out there!

Regards,
-Melissa and the Fortuna Admissions Team

Melissa Jones | Fortuna Admissions - a dream team of former Admissions Directors from the world's top business schools

Interested in a free 30-minute admissions consultation? Sign up on our website https://www.fortunadmissions.com