Best prep course for VERBAL

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Best prep course for VERBAL

by lenin1234 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:09 pm
Hello, this is my first post in beat the gmat website.I recently started preparing for GMAT. I completed basics for all the math topics required for gmat. Now i want to start preparing for VERBAL. I am very good at math and with more practice i have confidence that i will score very high in GMAT math. But i am not good in VERBAL, so i want to start from beginners level and improve from there. Frankly i don't even know where to start preparing for VERBAL. So i decided in joining a prep course. And 2 days ago i wrote a GMAT prep practice test from mba.com just to get a feel of how the test will be and to know where i stand. This was my first exam ( i got 4 correct out of 8 in Integrated reasoning and 24 out of 37 in math and 20 out of 41 in verbal). I was hoping you would tell me which prep course is best for VERBAL (i don't mind if that prep course is not so good in math). I have time on my side , so i am aiming for more than 730. I will base my decision mostly on your suggestions. Thanks for help.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:15 pm
Hi lenin1234,

When evaluating GMAT Course offerings, it helps to sample any available free materials that the various GMAT companies offer. Most provide some sample problems or free trials so that Test Takers can get a "sense" for what is offered by that company. I'd suggest that you take advantage of the various offerings and then choose the Course that best matches your personality and budget.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by BestGMATEliza » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:49 am
If you are looking to compare GMAT courses, check out www.bestgmatprepcourse.com, it outlines and compares the different classroom, live online and online on demand courses. We've done all the research, so you don't have to!
Eliza Chute
Best GMAT Prep Courses
GMAT course comparison and reviews
Your one stop for all your GMAT studying needs!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:21 members

by David@GMATPrepNow » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:47 am
Hi lenin1234,

There are many, many preparation courses out there. Some of them are good! In my experience it's best to try before you buy. That means check out the various courses online and try out their free material first. If it helps you, buy the rest of the courses from that company.

For example, www.gmatprepnow.com offers many free verbal modules, including the one on reading comprehension:

https://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat- ... prehension

Good luck with your preparation!
David
www.gmatprepnow.com