PROCRASTINATION

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

PROCRASTINATION

by ozlemmetje » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:23 am
Hello all,

I already took the GMAT once and scored 410. It was way below my score in practice tests. In my last practice test I had scored 550 so I was really very disappointed and scheduled another exam which is on 22. May. Now I have plenty of time and my aimed score is not so high-around 650. So my goal is not so impossible to achieve. But I have a very strange problem. It's procrastination. I have all the books I need and all the time one can ask for but I just don't know where to begin. So Its been two weeks and I have almost done nothing for the GMAT since I took the test. The things is, 2 months ago I quit my fulltime job where I had almost no time to learn for the GMAT. Well only on weekends..But now all of a sudden I have all the time I need cause I am at home. Nonetheless I have no idea how to use it efficiently. I need something that will fire my will to study. Anyone ever gone through the same thing? Do u have any suggestions? I really have to make it happen this time cause the application deadline for my dream school is getting closer and if I cant make it this time I will have to delay my plan to go to a business school for another year..

Thanks very much in advance!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:25 am
A good start is to become a regular participant on these forums. You might also look for a study partner/group in your area.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:51 am
Hi ozlemmetje,

The overall process of studying for the GMAT can be a daunting task, but it can be broken down into sizable pieces. For example, for today you could work on just Data Sufficiency. Spend an hour or two on the subject, then take a break. You can then come back to it or pick up another subject.

If your dream really is to get an MBA, then you should be building your calendar around your studies. Put a plan on paper that seems reasonable, then make the necessary adjustments as you progress through it.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]