MBA Advice Required

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MBA Advice Required

by charles_david » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:33 am
Hello Friends,

I'm David, working with a leading HR Outsourcing Company in Gurgaon. I have almost 12 years of work experience (7 years + as a manager, senior manager).

I am looking for a full time MBA. My age is 36+. I know people do not go for a full time MBA that age, but honestly I'm not looking for a part time MBA.

I do not have a preference to study in India or Abroad.

I'm looking forward to your advice. Have started to prepare for GMAT.

I heard the SP Jain tricity program is good. Please advice.

In anticipation of a positive response.

Charles.

by Rajeev Agarwal » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:40 am
Yeah, I've heard quite a lot about their tri-city Global MBA program. One of my close friends recently graduated and was really happy about the whole experience in terms of placements and faculty. I guess it's because it gives a great chance to meet and network with people from three key commercial capitals - Sydney, Dubai and Singapore.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by InterviewBay2 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:27 pm
S P Jain could be an ideal MBA for you.
1. it is a one year MBA - so you return to your corporate life sooner.
2. It is only for students with minimum 3 years of experience, average being more than 5 years. This gives you a mature age group of students to interact with, and thus elevates the level of classroom discussions and case study analysis
3. The curriculum is centered around "Decision-making", the lifeblood of any business leader today. Every course is application oriented, and the classroom is treated like a business laboratory.
4. It is a tri-city model. Students study for 4 months each at S P Jain's campuses in Dubai, Singapore, Sydney - so you get a global exposure, and you are not someone who is constrained to the local business knowledge only.
5. You choose where you wish to work - Dubai, Singapore, Sydney or even India.
6. A specialization in Finance or even Logistics and Supply Chain Management could interest you.
The entry criteria is very stringent. You would need to clear aptitude tests, essays, and interviews.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by minalcorrera » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:11 am
I would like to know about any good 1-Year MBA programs in Banglore
please give me list of top B schools in BAnglore?

by judithdcosta » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:09 am
At Interviewer bay 2, thanks for that. It was really helpful, in fact one of my ex-classmate is now studying at the campus, halfway through the course and pretty happy with it. He is currently in singapore :)

by Karthik Ptel » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:05 am
Is there any any age limit to apply for a full-time MBA program?

by Jay Shah » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:20 am
nope,there is no age limit for any of the MBA programs �

by Jamie Dsouza » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:43 am
Is internship a part of MBA program?

by rohitnacs » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:50 am
Hello David,

I appraise you thinking about a second thought of MBA comes in your mind. I know that you have a good working experience but in this challenging market you should do MBA which you can easily do with Distance education.

by nivethabarboza » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:59 am
Hi I am looking after my family business and I am planning to do a one year MBA program.. One of my friends suggested me to apply for S P Jain Global MBA program... But is it same as the two year program course ??
Thanks �

by jugal jain » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:02 am
In fact, the S P Jain GMBA program is way better than most of the two year programs offered by various colleges. It covers the syllabus, and in fact there are a lot of out-of-the-campus activities involved as well.

by deepak_koli » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:58 am
HI,I would like to know more about the procedure for admission in S P Jain School of Global management