Class Selection in Undergraduate,does it matter?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hey everyone!

As always, I absolutely appreciate your time and consideration regarding my question.

I've posted before about my battle to get prepared to apply for a MBA at a top 15-25. As my name suggests, it is a long shot due to my age (currently 32). I have been working in retail finance for over 10 years and I am finally finishing my B.S. in Entrepreneurship and Technology Management (currently at a 4.24 internal GPA at ASU; graduating spring 2015). My degree requires Calculus and several levels of Statistics but there are open requirements regarding my science credits.

I can select a easy science course or something more difficult like Physics. I currently work and go to school full time (around 45 credit hours in 2014) as well as some additional prestigious professional certifications. When I apply will it matter if I took Physics or Physical Geography?

Just wondering as I am doing EVERYTHING I can to make myself a attractive candidate.

Thanks again!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:32 am
To be honest, if you're already taking (or have taken) calcs and stat, then it won't matter much what science course you choose. There's a level of practicality you'll have to aim for. It seems you have a lot on your plate and taking physics really won't move the needle.

Good luck!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!