GMAT

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

GMAT

by sukhman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:41 pm
I gave GMAT yesterday and scored a whole 90 points lower than my last mock score , and it seemed like 2-3 quantitative questions were faulty they had no right answer in 5 choices ; one was 2nd question and other was 11-12 question it surely affected my performance and I scored 32- 7 points lower than my last attempt and 12 points lower than 44 - my GMAT Mock 1 week ago , I request GMAT to kindly investigate as I had applied to 2-3 schools and will rejected for admission due to lower score I was expecting 650 and very much disappointed

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:03 pm
Hi sukhman,

What were your Scaled Scores for the Quant and Verbal sections? Also, when you took your practice CATs, were you taking the ENTIRE CAT (or skipping sections, such as skipping the Essay and/or IR)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by sukhman » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:16 am
I got 2-3 questions wrong in official exam where no answers seemed right last time I got 39 in official test last time, it doesnt matter it should have made 20-30 score difference not a full 100 points . plz dont make it like Mocks was different in fact my mocks didnt not go well due to disturbance all round I have worked hard since July for GMAT leaving my full time job . I want the GMAT to investigate as I dont think I was tested fairly -I have mentioned questions nos , sometimes you are confident about your performance.
Last edited by sukhman on Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:04 am
Hello, Sukham. I am sorry you did not perform as well as you wanted to on the GMAT exam. While we do make every effort to ensure your exam is fair, and all GMAT questions are accurate, we do allow students to challenge test questions that they feel are flawed. You can learn more about the process here: https://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-blog-hub ... score.aspx. To begin the process of challenging a question, please contact our customer service department. You can find the information here: https://www.mba.com/us/service/contact-us.aspx

I wish you the best of luck in your MBA journey.

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

by sukhman » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:21 am
Thank you for reply , I e-mailed through customer service form on the website . I am thinking of reporting my November 2013 score as well in which I scored 39 in Quant , the school I sent score this time dint get my last score . Is it any chance my old score report would be sent to them as well or I need to give fees for score reporting to each school again and then send my last score ?

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:22 am
Your score report will include all GMAT scores from the previous five years. If you retake the exam, you would need to send a new score report to schools. If you choose the schools at the time of your exam, the score report will be sent to them for free. If you wait until after the exam to send the score report, you will need to pay the fee. I hope that helps.

Rebecca
Leah

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by hsudhan37 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:54 pm
[email protected] wrote:Hi sukhman,

What were your Scaled Scores for the Quant and Verbal sections? Also, when you took your practice CATs, were you taking the ENTIRE CAT (or skipping sections, such as skipping the Essay and/or IR)?

Rich
i want to know if there is any penalty for missing out questions without attending in GMAT ? please clarify. i have been taking practice cats and found that i am short of 5-6 questions in the exam time.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members

by [email protected] » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:11 pm
Hi hsudhan37,

Yes, there IS a penalty if you do not answer a question, so you have to make sure that you answer EVERY question in each section (even if it's just a guess).

Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:18 am
Hello, Sukham. It sounds like you are evaluating your last GMAT exam performance and looking for ways to improve your score. That's great! That is the first step toward achieving your goal. To answer your question, yes, there is a big penalty for skipping questions, so make sure you are practicing your pacing, in addition to the other skills needed for the exam. You can see a full explanation of how the exam treats skipped questions here: https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-blog ... ssing.aspx.

Good luck!

Rebecca
Leah