Profile evaluation of mechanical engineer

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaluation of mechanical engineer

by sekarc » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:57 am
Hello,
I am a mechanical engineer, completed B.E at one of the not so famous college with 7.6/10 CGPA.Have 2 years work experience from one of the leading construction company in India (larsan & tubro*) in construction management domain. I mainly make tenders for the different projects. 10th grade 85%, 12th grade 89%. Been working at an ngo teaching underprivileged kids English. Been a active member of Toastmasters club. I am planning to take up an MBA from a reputed schools to continue a career in possibly consulting field. Have a GMAT score of 710. Is my profile good enough to get into the top bschools of the likes of Kellogg/INSEAD/Ross? If not, in what all ways can i boost my profile for successful admission into the top B-schools?
Also, considering my experience in construction field (Tendering & Contracts), which domain will be more suited for me to specialize in MBA?

Thanks in Advance!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:26 pm
The best way to boost your profile attributes for schools like Ross and Kellogg would be to log another couple of years of work experience, and try to get some international assignments. Most applicants from India have NGO work and toastmasters, so the best way to differentiate yourself is the impact you make in your career. It's hard to say what you should focus on in b-school, since you didn't go into much detail about your post MBA plan. Certainly construction is conducive to general management or project management, so you might want to seek a school with a strong general management MBA focus. Feel free to come back with more details about your post MBA vision.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options