FIrst time!

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

FIrst time!

by schitij » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:45 am
HI, I will be giving my GMAT on May 12, 2014. I want to know what all should I have ready to kick start my preps (Books, blogs, tests, sites). I am an engineering student and have taken the official GMAT prep test before without preparation and scored a 600. I would like to raise to above 740 in the next three months. Could you please guide me? Thanks in advance!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:17 pm
Hi schitij,

You've give yourself plenty of time to study, which is good.

When did you take your original exam? And what were the Quant and Verbal Scaled scores on that exam? Those scores will provide some valuable information about your skills and what you'll likely need to focus on.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:57 am
Hello, Schitij.

It looks like you have given yourself plenty of time to prepare, and have a target goal in mind. That is great news! In fact, in a recent survey of GMAT test-takers, we found that those who spent more time studying tended to do better on the exam: https://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-blog-hub ... -exam.aspx

If you have not already done so, I suggest you download GMATPrep, our online study software. It comes with two free practice exams and should give you an idea of your strengths and weaknesses so you can craft a study strategy: https://www.mba.com/store/product-info.a ... ID=80.0027

And finally, I suggest you re-post this question to one of the main forums. This forum is to ask questions to GMAC, the makers of the GMAT exam. You may find other students and tutors will have specific advise and study strategies for you in one of the main study threads.

Good luck!

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!