Profile Evaluation : African french speaking

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello,

My name is franckedy, and I would like you to have a look on my profile :

- 32 years old;
- citizen from a west african french speaking country
- Currently working as relationship manager in the corporate banking department of a local bank in my home country. No management /international position up to now but work on a regular basis on deals/projects including regional teams;
-Extra : acting member of several NGOs, founded a refrigeration start-up company,
- Graduated in Accounting from the best business school of the country;
-Aiming to do an MBA to enter the PE/VC industry with the long term goal to work on african transactions.
-My target GMAT score is 700;

Here are my questions:

- which mba program would fit with my goal? I know that my profile won't be very attracting to top mba adcoms(H/S/W), but what could be a help according to you (high gmat score? Story?)
- Am I to old to enter the PE/VC industry ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:00 pm
Hi franckedy,

Thanks for your post. About your question, post-graduation are you leaning more towards Private Equity or Venture Capital? The reason is, if you are leaning towards Private Equity a great location to look at would be New York, as there are an abundance of firms there. Your MBA programs' network can help with introductions into these companies. However if you are more interested in pursuing Venture Capital, it might make more sense to consider MBA programs in Northern California, as the technology industry is so prominent there.

I hope the above is of help.

Cheers,
Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by franckedy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:17 am
Thanks a lot Stacy !