SMU (Singapore) for General Management intake of Jan 2014!

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi,

I am looking to apply in R3 (deadline Oct 15, 2013) of SMU for the one year Full Time MBA in General management.

A little about myself, I am from the IT background in India with more than 5 years of experience including one year of international experience in Paris, France.

My Extra curriculars are decent and I have a GMAT score of 660 (Q48, V33, AWA 5.5).

Question 1: Do you think for my profile, it is possible to get an admission.

Question 2: How are the placement statistics of SMU. Is it comparable to that of NUS and NTU? Also, I hear that after graduation, there is only 3 months time to search for a job in Singapore after which if we dont find a job, we have to leave. Is this true?

I would be very grateful if you could answer these for me.

Thanks & Regards,
Sridhar

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:04 pm
Sridhar-

not sure about the job question in Singapore, but as for your ability to be competitive for SMU admission, you should have a shot. The average GMAT at SMU is about 660, so having scored at the average, they will be looking to the balance of your application to make the decision. Granted the Indian IT application pool is deep and wide, so you will need to really stand out from the average applicant through your story and vision for your future. Make sure you connect what you have done with what you want to do, and do so with passion and thoughtfulness. Let us know if we can help you pull things together.
Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by nilaksh » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:03 pm
Holla!!

I recently gave GMAT and got a score of 670(Q-50,V-31),AWA-4, IR-8
Experience:2+ years in project management in India's largest automobile company
10th- 88.4%
12th-85.6%
Engineer-B.Tech (Mechanical) (NIT)
GPA-8.87/10(79.84%)

Please enlighten regarding my chances in NUS/SMU and possibility of any scholarships.
Thanks in advance!!!!

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:41 am
Great quant score--congrats. You should get a look from them based on the high level detail in your posted profile, but as for scholarships, they mostly go in round one and usually have far fewer for international applicants from over-represented countries in the applicant pool :(
Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by kravindran7 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:53 am
@nilaksh - Scholarships are given in SMU for people with GMAT Score above 710
The Best way to predict your future is to create it

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Thu May 08, 2014 10:17 am
interesting that they have a GMAT cutoff for scholarships--they must be trying to boost their average.
Bryant Michaels