Need help in profile evaluation!

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need help in profile evaluation!

by ankitroy.cs » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:00 am
Hi Consultants,

Please evaluate my profile for MBA colleges.

Academic:
GMAT Score : 710
Toefl : 111
10th : 90%
12th : 85%
B.E. (Comp Sc.) 68%

Work:
Working in a top IT firm in India.(Infosys Ltd.)
Work experience : 4 years (by 2014 intake)

Synopsis of Work ex.:

General/Core Functionality:
- Developing mobile apps on iPhone and iPad for Apple Inc. (client) for past 3 years.
- Part of the core group that set up the Mobile apps development in our D.C. starting off a new thread of business.
Won the Best Tech Initiative award at the whole DC(Development centre) Level for starting off the new thread.

Additional Responsibility:. Following are couple of areas and initiatives:
· Have been working as a project/module lead since my 2nd project itself.
o Have led 4 teams since then.
o Won 2 awards of "Most Spirited Team" amongst them.
· Conduct Training programs for new joiners on mobility. Associated with E&R(Education and Research) group of our company to understand aspects of training.
o Part of core group to design the training program along with other leads.
o Have led the training program on 2 occasions.
o Mentoring new joiners.
· Engaged with the design group of our company, CDG(Corporate Design Group) to design apps.
o Provide UI design solution and consultation of mobile apps to various projects.
· Engaged with CSG (Corporate Sales group) of our company in building proposals to win projects.
o Provide estimation analysis and technical consulting to various projects to build mobile apps.
· Proactively built multiple POC's to be showcased for marketing and bringing new projects.
o Highlight : Showcased an iPad app in the "Innovation Corner" of the 13th SAP Automative forum held in Germany. This was very well received and appreciated by many existing and potential clients.
· Preparing client presentation during their offshore visit. Also, presented and conducted demo on many occasions to client. This was a marketing exercise to expand the horizon of mobility and win new projects.
· Strong Knowledge management ethics. Associated with KM(Knowledge management) group in understanding its aspects and spread the practice.
o Submitted multiple knowledge docs in the Company's Portal.
o Submitted a reusable component. This was used across multiple projects and helped in reducing effort and thus beneficial for both the company and the client.
o Served as KM(Knowledge Management) prime for 2 projects. As KM prime I was involved in understanding and conducting sessions on sensitizing a culture of knowledge management.
· Passed Infosys Training Program with 5/5 CGPA. The course provided by Infosys is considered one of the best training program in software industry. It is spread over 5-6 months and is similar to the 3 year course of B.S. in Computer Science in the US.

Extra curricular:
· Active member of core committee of Sports club. Organized many tournaments.
· Currently residing as lead of Soccer Club.
o Organize 3 tournaments/year
o Currently in the process of organizing Inter Corporate soccer tournament to be held amongst various corporate in the town.
o Captain of the Soccer team of our unit.
· Awardee in junior mathematics olympiad.
· Editor in a quarterly newspaper in our account at work.
· Preparing mailers for various events in the company. This is for promotion of various events ranging from sports to knowledge.
· Awardee of Excellence in Information Technology Awards 2002 conducted by Association of Orissa I.C.S.E. Schools
· Volunteered in SPARK program by Infosys and represented the company in increasing the awareness of Software in Society and raising aspirations.
Interest areas: -Technology management / Strategy / IT Consulting.

Target Colleges: ISB, UCLA, Kelley, UT McCombs, Olin, Duke, Tepper, Darden, Ross, Berkeley

Please evaluate my chances at these colleges and also suggest where I lie according to my profile.
Also, please suggest colleges in Europe that I can target.
Please ignore deadlines while evaluation. I am open to applying next year with 5 years exp.

Thanks in advance.