HELP!! Kellogg 1Y vs. Duke 2Y (25% scholarship)

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

HELP!! Kellogg 1Y vs. Duke 2Y (25% scholarship)

by msdc » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:29 pm
Hey guys, I happen to have a difficult school choices on the table and I would appreciate your opinions/help...
Last edited by msdc on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:93 members
GMAT Score:750

by brianlange77 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:05 pm
Can't go wrong either way -- both great schools. I'm biased (Fuqua 05, 9 years in marketing) -- but you are certainly not the first to face a similar choice. I encourage you to think about the 'surroundings' as well... 2 years in Durham, NC is quite different than two years in Chicago.

Talk to alums -- the admissions office should get you connected. Also, I'd be transparent w/ the admissions offices, you never know how else they might be able to help inform/sway your decision.

Remember -- there is not a magic choice here. Look at the companies that have hired marketing people from Kellogg and Fuqua the past two years -- which list looks more 'like' the type of company you want to go to (short-term and long-term?)

Best of luck!

Brian

Merci, Danke, Grazie, Gracias -- Whichever way you say it, if you found my post helpful, please click on the 'thank' icon in the top right corner of this post.

And I encourage you to click on 'follow' to track all my posts -- all the cool kids are doing it! :-)