GMAT prep Test 1 (Re-take) funny score

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,
I just took the GMAT prep test 1 again. I took it the first time around in October, when i scored 550. I took it again today (December) and scored a 700 (Q49, V36).
What i found unusual while reviewing the responses, was that i got 16 wrong in each of the two sections(Verbal and Quantitative) and in spite of that got a decent score of 700. Is this possible? And i can assure you that i did not remember any question from the first time i took the test. So it was like taking a new test altogether.
I know that the scoring is not linear since the test is adaptive, but getting such a high score in spite of these many incorrect answers is suspicious.

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:27 am
Hi nimitashirsekar,

Thanks for your email.I can see why you would be concerned, but we can confirm that the GMATPrep scoring algorithm is accurate. We have had this question before and confirmed that like the GMAT® exam, an individual's GMATPrep exam score is determined by the number of questions answered accurately, and more importantly, by the difficulty level of the questions answered as well.

Although you do not remember the questions, your familiarity with the question types and format may have impacted your scoring outcome.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,
Tina
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!