Young Indian Male Applicant, Education Sector

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hello,
I would like to request a profile evaluation. Here it is:

BACKGROUND:
Education: Graduated from the University of Mumbai with a degree in Computer Engineering with a GPA of 3.72 in 2012(top 10% of the class)
GMAT: 760(Q50, V42) , AWA: 5.0 , IR:7
TOEFL iBT: 117/120

WORK EXPERIENCE:
18 months in a Family Owned Business as of now - Vidyalankar is a test prep organization that trains over 50,000 students every year for competitive entrance exams such as the IIT JEE, CAT, and GATE. The organization, under its Not for Profit arm (Vidyalankar Dnyanapeeth Trust) also runs Engineering, Management and Science Degree colleges and a Diploma college in Mumbai. The total number of students enrolled in these colleges collectively is 5000

Work Related Achievements from June 2012 - Present:

"¢Team Leader - Post Graduate Division and New Initiatives. Developed and implemented a new marketing plan worth INR 4 million for the post graduate division that yielded INR 25 million thus increasing the annual growth rate from 20% to 50% for the year 2012-13

"¢ Team leader of core team that built the business model for training rural students- using Video Conferencing via satellite technology. This new initiative generated additional revenue of INR 7.2 million in the last 3 months

"¢Initiated and developed a program to improve employability of students. The program includes aptitude test training, soft skills training and technical domain expertise training for engineers. This program was recently launched and so I am not sure of the impact that it will have in the future since placement season isn't over yet.

CERTIFICATES:

"¢Philip Kotler Marketing 3.0
"¢Malcolm Baldrige Business Excellence Model
"¢Dale Carnegie Level 2 (Step up to professional excellence ) program
"¢Dale Carnegie Level 1 (Gen next ) program

AWARDS and EXTRACURRICULAR INFORMATION:
"¢Awarded a trophy for Best All Round Student for the batch of 2012 of Vidyalankar Institute of Technology college in (April 2012)
"¢Student Council President -Organized the College festival with a footfall of 5000 people and a budget of INR 1.5 million (March 2011)
"¢Chief Organizer -of my college branding event "Corridors to Revelation" with a team of 6 members for two consecutive years (July 2010, July 2011)
"¢Implemented a Centralized Print Management System in college in 2012. This system is now used to print around 30,000 prints annually (December 2011)
I also helped organise a blood donation drive through an NGO while in college

OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION:

"¢Attended a conference at the Indian School of Business, Hyderabad on "how to professionalize a family business"

"¢Participated in 6 HBS case studies, and 2 IIM- Ahmedabad case study sessions in college to enrich and enhance my decision making skills
"¢Languages known: English, Marathi, Hindi, French (Basic)

My goal is to come back to India after graduation and expand my family business and help diversify in the education field itself.. I want to increase it's reach using platforms such as video conferencing, e-learning etc
I am interested in pursuing an MBA in General Management / Entrepreneurship

Given that I am younger than most applicants, which schools are reasonable for my profile? I know that I am younger than most applicants but due to certain reasons, I wish to apply this year itself. Can I consider schools such as Mccombs,Goizueta and Marshall as target schools? or are these a stretch for me?

Additionally, what range of schools can I consider as safe schools?

Thanks for all the help....... :D :D