Will I get a reattempt?

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Will I get a reattempt?

by keshavsarda » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:43 am
I had a very disappointing test experience. I have raised following complaint with the GMAC and Pearson VUE. What are the chances of my complaint getting resolved? Please advise.

Hello,

I gave my GMAT on 22nd November 2013. The center where I gave my exam was xxxxx. My GMAT ID number is xxxxx and appointment number is xxxx.

To start with, the exam started an hour later than scheduled. The test was supposed to start at 1 PM , but started at 2 PM.

The test center was not of the standards a GMAT test center should be. My computer was in front of an uncovered window and the sun rays fell directly on my eyes, causing a continuous distraction from the exam. Moreover, the stairs behind the window had people coming and going, and caused a lot of distraction. I wasn't able to focus on the computer screen because of this. After the IR section, I complained about it to the test center authority and they got the window partially covered by a board.

After the optional break between the IR and Quant was over, due to some technical problems, the facilitator was unable to authorize the test for next 10 minutes or so. I continually inquired whether this time would be deducted from the 75 minutes allocated for the quant section to which the facilitator told me that extra time would be given at the end of the quant section. The test began with only 64 or so minutes left, so I inquired again whether the time has been deducted. The facilitator still said that you would get extra time. Even between the exam I asked a couple of times whether I will get extra time but the facilitator overlooked my query and told that extra time will be given rather than confirming it from her seniors at the test center. At the last minute, I had 3 questions left. Thinking that I would get extra time, I kept my general pace but the test ended without any extra time.

After this, I was totally disturbed and distracted but did not make a scene so that decorum of the test center is maintained and others are not disturbed. But due to this, my entire focus was lost and not only did I miss last 3 questions in quant, but was also not able to give my verbal section with full attention.

Due to the technical problems at the test center, I was victimized and despite of good preparation, I ended up getting a mere 640.

I should either be getting a full refund or an alternate test date to reappear for the exam.

Such pathetically maintained test centers and poorly trained staff should not be taking the GMAT test at all.

I would be highly obliged if you can take an action at the earliest.

Best Regards,
xxxx

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:39 am
Hi keshavsarda,

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Did you email [email protected]? If not, please send your email to the address mentioned so they can escalate the issue for you.

Many thanks,
Tina
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!