Profile eval: GMAT 680, 3.5yrs Exp Investment Banking

Launched June 1, 2012
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I want to study at INSEAD or LBS. It will be very helpful if you could give me some advice regarding the following questions:

1. Should I take the GMAT again based on my profile?
2. Any other facets of my profile that I should work on?
3. Will taking the GMAT again reduce my chances of getting into my target schools?
4. What is valued more by these schools: International exposure with limited skillset or little international exposure with a diverse skillset?

GMAT Score: 680 (QA: 50 (89%); VA: 31 (60%); IR: 3 (23%))

Experience: 3.5 yrs
1. 2.5 yrs as an Investment banking analyst in a bulge bracket investment bank. Over the course of this period I have worked directly with the NY team as part of a team extension model. I have also had the chance to work in NY for a month. In addition to that, I am the top ranked analyst in the IBD division. I have also been given the offer the join the NY office.

2. 1.0 yr as a Design Engineering in a leading US based Semiconductor designing firm . My work entailed designing semiconductor chips for clients. No major achievements here because I was there for only a year and the recession had just started so all their major projects had bee scrapped.

Education:

1. MBA - Top 10 bschool from India (Ranked among Top 10% of the batch)
2. B.E Electronics & Communication Engineering: Top 10 engineering school (Rank 4)
3. CFA Level 3 candidate
4. FRM (All levels cleared)

Extra curriculars
1. Founder and Head of the Entrepreneurship cell at my bschool
Awarded a certificate of leadership for the same by the National Entrepreneurship Network
2. Event organizer of a few technical and cultural events at my engineering college

Purpose / Motivation
1. Why second MBA?
I want to start my own PE / Asset mang. fund in the APAC region.
Thus, I want to go to a top notch school such as INSEAD that will help me in the following ways:
Globalize my network: It will help me raise capital and business from different parts of the world
Get some work experience in the PE / Asset mang space + learn the nuances of business in different parts of the world
Global brand name