Graphic Designer planning to do MBA

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Graphic Designer planning to do MBA

by rvc27 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:05 pm
Hi

I'm am a 25yrs old female from India. I have a BA Hons degree in Graphic Communication from Loughborough University, UK and have been working as a graphic designer for two years now in Singapore. I plan to take my GMAT early next year and apply for the 2015 intake. I want to get an MBA as I want to move to more strategic roles within the creative industry and am interested in entrepreneurship in the long run.

I was wondering,

1. Would my background affect my chances in either a positive or negative way?

2. Are there any specific aspects of my application I'll need to highlight more?

3. Which of the top B-schools are most conducive for students from non-traditional backgrounds (non STEM fields)?

Cheers and thanks in advance.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:10 pm
All b-schools will entertain an non-traditional candidate if they have something to offer. If anything your background will help you stand out from the crowd. You still need to demonstrate progressive responsibility and leadership/teamwork skills etc, but you should have a shot as long as you show aptitude on the GMAT. You could target schools where you think your desired learning style fits with the school's culture and your GMAT and GPA fall within the 80% range. Hope this helps.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by rvc27 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:20 pm
Thanks Bryant. As my degree is from a UK university, I don't have a GPA as per the American system, so how will my UG result be assessed? I graduated with a Second upper class honors. Could you also elaborate a bit more on what you mean by desired learning style?

Thanks again.